Let’s talk about ladder safety – an important topic to keep ourselves and others safe. Here are some essential tips to follow:
1. Choose the right ladder: Ensure it’s the correct size and type for the job and can support your weight and tools.
2. Inspect before use: Check for damage or defects before climbing.
3. Stable ground: Place the ladder on a firm, level surface to avoid wobbling or sliding.
4. Proper setup: Fully open an extension ladder and lock it into place.
5. 3-point contact: Always maintain three points of contact with the ladder while climbing.
6. Don’t overreach: Keep your body centered between the side rails to avoid falling.
7. No horseplay: Never use ladders for play or stack them on other objects for extra height.
8. Climb facing the ladder: Avoid climbing with your back to the ladder.
9. No climbing in severe weather: Avoid ladder use during high winds, rain, or storms.
10. Buddy system: When possible, have someone hold the base of the ladder for added stability.
Spread the word and share these ladder safety tips to help prevent accidents. Safety is everyone’s responsibility!